Sunday, March 19, 2017

Rough Theatre

This article brings up a lot of interesting points about how theatre needs "dirt" in order to properly function, adding the imperfect, human characteristic of art. Mostly this article made me think of, when I was younger, my dad would listen to a lot of Sonic Youth (even going through home videos there was a solid 10 minutes where my dad had just filmed shadows of trees with just the sound of feedback in the background). Feedback is generally a "mistake" that has been flipped and actually used to aid songs in certain circumstances (the "dirt").

My rough theater lately has been the app "1 second everyday". I've used it for a few years but basically you take videos everyday and choose 1 second and it cuts it together so you get a quick snapshot of your year. There's no glitz or glamor and it doesn't take all that much effort it just encourages me to take a video of anything each day that way there's kind of a cool end product that serves as a memory keepsake. It's quick and imperfect but serves its purpose and is an entertaining thing to revisit with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment