Monday, February 13, 2017

Film Manipulation Experience

I had a lot of fun with this project, although it was kind of difficult messing with the film and not knowing what it was going to look like until it actually got projected. I can only imagine how meticulous of a planner you would have to be to get it to go along to music or anything like that. Loading the projector was very similar to how we put the film in the Bolex in our 302 Doc class and turned out to be a lot simpler than I originally imagined.

Probably my favorite portion was scratching in the animation. I made a little flower growing; however, when it projected it played backwards so it looked like it was just sort of sinking into the earth but it was still pretty sweet. The one thing I couldn't really predict how it was going to look was the bleach. I wish we had gotten a spray bottle because I'd be curious to know how that would look but we just kind of dropped some onto the strip to see what would happen and it looked a lot more interesting projected than it did just looking at the strip. The magazine transfer was a bit more tedious but I really liked the texture it gave the film once it was projected.

No comments:

Post a Comment