Thursday, January 12, 2017

Len Lye 1st Response

- The audio reminded me of a 1950s advertisement or instructional video
- saying that I know that Len Lye (knew the name was familiar) did an ad for the post office - might not be this video but it's interesting that it reminded me of an ad
- lots of seemingly random images that went along w/ the music - must have took meticulous planning
- Because there was no clear narrative I tried searching for a pattern and the closest I came was lines (vertical and horizontal) appeared when guitar was playing - kind of like guitar strings - bending and swaying with the music
- triangles, diamonds, circles for piano keys - smaller like the piano sound
- thicker strings or lines during a cello sound or whatever that deeper sound toward the end was

No comments:

Post a Comment